Saturday, 30 June 2007

A few things to add

I'm typing this from the living room of my new flat. It's an old house in Grafton, in Central Auckland that I'm sharing with 5 other friendly people. My bedroom is tiny but the rent is reasonably cheap for Auckland. It's so narrow that i can touch the opposite walls at the same time. I don't know how long I can last in this space. The rest of the house is great though and I spend most of my time in the kitchen or living room.
In an effort to get fit and because parking is too expensive I bought a bike and now cycle to work. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to work (I basically just roll down the hill) and maybe about 20 minutes to get home.

It's great teaching adults. My students are so polite. They actually thank me at the end of each lessons. One even said "enjoy your meal" to me. One of my co-workers is from London so I'm always learning Cockney rhyming slang from him. Like "use your loaf" (loaf of bread= head) and "have a radox" which means have a laugh. Do you get the connection?

Sorry I've got no photos to put up. Tomorrow I'm going to make an effort to take my camera everywhere I go and take at least 10 photos so that I might have something to show you.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

It's good to have an adult class, eh? Definatelly different experiences from the kid's.